CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

3320 Days

NOTE: YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ THIS POST IF YOU ARE MALE AND RELATED TO ME. JUST A WARNING BEFORE YOU PROCEED.

How much of our lives is just spent waiting? At least 30 minutes in line at the post office, that's for sure. I'll bet I have the slowest post office on the planet - wagers anyone? Anyway, there's waiting in the grocery store, waiting for phone calls, waiting for our kids to reach milestones, and, if you're a woman, waiting to feel like a man. Yes. You read that right. I'm ready to feel like a man, damn it!

Now, I know I am not like many women out there in most regards, but I think most of us have this one in common, believe it or not. I don't remember when I first heard it, maybe in high school, but somewhere along the line, I heard that a man is in his sexual prime in his late teens and early twenties. Yet women have to wait until their thirties to enjoy this aspect of life to its fullest. Well, I have been 30 years old for 330 days, and I still don't feel like a man. There may have been a two week period when I was 29 and pregnant with my son, when maybe I had a glimpse of feeling like a man. Afterall, I was growing a little man inside my body. But since then, like Shania says, "I feel like a woman." How much longer am I going to have to wait until I think about sex every 7 seconds. (Yes, I know that's a myth, too.) But seriously, I wake up everyday wondering, is today the day? Nope. Is today the day? Nope.


I guess I have 3320 more days to figure out if I will hit my sexual prime during this decade of my life. Lord, help my husband if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate any and all readers. I love comments. Please feel free to leave some!