CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Carpe Diem

I love music. I mean, who doesn't, right? But I am definitely missing being in a choir and singing. I LOVE to sing, and I do it all the time. Does Ring Around the Rosies really count, though? I am by no means a singing superstar, but I really like it, and I'm slightly talented at it. (Thank you God and genetics!)

However, the new church I am attending, the church I am loving, has a praise band during my service. It does have a choir, but it's not something I see participating in, seeing how it's for the other services. I'd change services, but I really enjoy listening to my pastor, who only does the 11am contemporary service. So what do I do? I'm contemplating finding a choir in the city, but I'm such a chicken shit.

I should try to be BOLD and just put myself out there. I was in various choirs for 8 consecutive years. I've sung in two weddings, though I'd cringe if I had to hear it play back. I was in an elite group that got paid to perform. I even sang back up twice, in a bar, on open mike night, for a real singing superstar. (He has 4 CDs out and has been featured on So You Think You Can Dance, and the Real World. He even told me I was good.) So why shouldn't I try to be bold and find a choir? Why should I be scared? I mean, the worst case scenario is that I never try and wonder. Or do try and get turned down. Either way, I really should do something.

I mean, it's not like I'm wanting to make a career of it. Or be discovered. Or become rich and famous. It's just something I miss doing. Singing makes me happy, and I believe in my heart that I was given this talent, though a small one, for a reason. It's time for me to reclaim part of me. So, this is me, seizing the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate any and all readers. I love comments. Please feel free to leave some!