CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Letting the Green Tea Take Me Away

During the absolute chaos that is my everyday life with my 3 and 1 year olds, and the other 1 year olds I watch, I'm often reminded of the phrase, "Calgon. Take me away."

It's during these moments when I'd like to sit in a quiet house, probably during nap time, and drink a hot cup of green tea with honey. I began drinking green tea in 2005 after I suffered through a miscarriage. It became my daily ritual - I'd come home after work and enjoy a cup of hot green tea and honey. I guess I stopped drinking it when my heart was mostly healed. I say mostly because a heart never fully heals from that kind of loss, but it does mend. It just leaves a scar. And until recently, I hadn't thought of that ritual of drinking green tea.

I won't say that my heart needs healed again, but with being a mom, wife, and day care provider, it's fairly easy to forget who I am or to wrap myself up in those roles. By beginning my green tea ritual again, I'm hoping that I'll be able to sit down, relax, and reflect about myself and how I can improve while also admiring my strengths and accomplishments. It's the latter part of that last sentence that I struggle with the most. What mom/wife/working woman/female doesn't?

So here it is: Breathe in. Breathe out. It's almost nap time, (HALLELUJAH) and I'm about to let my green tea take me away.

Ok, so I may have two cups since WC just managed to rip off two keys from the laptop keyboard and then get the cat's pooper scooper while I tried putting them back on.

Tip of the Day: You may want to buy stock in Liptons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate any and all readers. I love comments. Please feel free to leave some!