CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 19, 2009

My Super Dookie Son


There are some things in life that no matter how hard I try, genetics is just going to win. I cannot fight the stubbornness or natural curiosity in my children any more than I can fight my son being a lefty or my daughter constantly having "toot toots". These things I knew. What I wasn't prepared for, however, was the similarities between how my children play together and how I played with my aunt, uncle, and siblings as a child.

When I was little, there was a time I remember when my brother was hysterical. (He still is). He had an infectious laugh and a heart and sensitivity bigger than a house. (He still does). But there is one signature move of his that my family and I will never forget. We used to pile up pillows and blankets, and my brother would climb onto the bed and belly dive right onto the heap of cushions, yelling mid-air, "Super Dookie!" And we would all crack up. I really don't know why I still find this so funny, maybe it's the same reason AZ laughs every time she goes "toot toot," but I giggle when I think of Super Dookie.

Now, if you know my son, you know that he's a couch destroying machine. The other day he piled some couch cushions together, climbed on up, and belly flopped right onto those pillows and cushions. In my head, I yelled, "Super Dookie!" and I couldn't help but smile. Do all boys go through a Super Dookie phase, or is it family genetics? Either way, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I will forever connect my son and my brother with Super Dookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate any and all readers. I love comments. Please feel free to leave some!