CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Holding Myself Accountable

I was thinking the other day about my 2010 goals/resolutions and thought it'd be a good idea to go back through them to see how I'm doing. And I don't think I'm starting off so badly, either. Yay!

I can't say that I've lost any weight since the year has started, though I'm fabulous at maintaining. I have, however, started walking/jogging/running on the treadmill. So far I've been on the treadmill 3 days in a row. That's HUGE for me, as I am NOT a runner. I'm a big believer that I should only run if being chased or if I have to catch one of my kids. Therefore, the fact that I've been on the treadmill 3 days in a row is kind of a big deal to me. The first day I jogged/walked for a mile. It took me about 15 minutes to do, so it definitely isn't that time consuming. Bonus. I started off with no incline, then decided that if I wasn't running, that I'd walk on an incline. Day two wasn't quite as successful. I was only on the treadmill for about 5 minutes before children started having meltdowns. That ended that. Day 3 was also about 5 minutes because I thought, I bet I can get a mile in a lot faster if I bump the mph up to 5.5 instead of 5. Well, that wasn't such a good idea. New plan - see if I can get to one mile going 5 miles an hour on an incline of 5 without having to walk at all. Then I'll slowly start speeding up. I think that sounds reasonable. What do you think?

I have definitely been doing well saving money so far this year. I don't know how much I've spent on groceries since the year has begun off hand, but since these receipts are right on the desk, here are the figures from my last 3 grocery runs. I spent out of pocket $355.38 on a total of 270 items and SAVED $414.89. It appears I am definitely hitting my goal of saving above 30% on each grocery trip. Yay for me! But I still want to do better.

And I have started taking over the bills and finances. I know I still have a long way to go in order to have a full understanding of where all of our money goes, but I have at least begun that journey.

As for sending out greeting cards, I believe I am going to revise this goal. I had wanted to actually send something out to everyone for their birthday or anniversary or special occasion. And now, for the sake of being more frugal, I am going to say that you may get a card in the mail, or a phone call, or an e-card, or a combination of those. I'll do something so that you know I'm thinking of you, but it may not be a card in the mail - a card that will probably end up in the trash or recycling anyway. Do you think it's acceptable to send out e-cards for special occasions and such? I still don't know my stand on those, but there it is.

Doing more FUN things with the kids - now unless we count coloring, arts and crafts, reading books, or just general playing with them, we haven't done much with this goal yet. I could blame the cold weather, but I won't. No excuses, I've just been lazy.

The mom's group I'm in is helping me get some more "me" time, as is my wonderful husband. JD has been absolutely amazing this year. When possible, he lets me sleep in on Saturdays and takes on the kids by himself those mornings. And I've been enjoying book club and will be hosting Bunco soon. I like where this goal is headed. :)

I've definitely been slacking on even going to church this year, so I've made zero progress in deciding on becoming a member. I need to step up my game and get out the door on Sunday mornings. Just been lazy on this goal, too. Laziness is a goal killer, huh?

And lastly, I don't want to sweat the small stuff. I think with a child like WC, this goal is forced upon me whether I want it or not. He and AZ definitely show me what's important in life. I don't think I'm as crazy about the mess unless someone is coming over or it's just gotten out of hand.

It's midish-February and I'm not doing that bad. I definitely have areas that could be improved, but overall, I'd say I get a thumbs up. How are you doing on your goals/resolutions so far in 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate any and all readers. I love comments. Please feel free to leave some!