CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 8, 2010

Dipping My Toes into the Decorating/Design World

I recently received a sewing machine as a gift from my MIL, and I am so excited for all the possibilities that it brings. I'm looking forward to all the kids clothing and home projects I can make. And I just finished my very first sewing project last night.

Look at these pillows!
I know, I know. Four straight lines and hand stitched closed isn't too difficult, but I'm so proud of myself. I was able to get the fabric and pillow forms on sale for 40-50% off, I can't remember which, and I had an additional 20% off coupon. And $35 for two 20x20 pillows is a great price - I think.

The pillows are for my bedroom, which is slowly coming together. I haven't made a headboard yet, but imagine the red/burgundy color for that. I am actually thinking of buying another panel of the curtains and using that for the headboard material. What do you think?
So, we're slowly getting there. I need a couple of yellow candles for the sconces on the curtained wall. And opposite the curtains is a large blank wall above a long dresser. I'm thinking of getting a large oval mirror (framed in black) to hang above there, with a lamp on each side of that.

And speaking of lamps, the ones we have now do not go in this room. I may put them on the dresser to flank the mirror for now - that is until I redecorate our piano/sewing room or guest bedroom. I'd like either lamps or hanging lights like this for the bedside tables.
What do you think? I love doing this decorating thing! And I'm LOVING my room. Any pointers on making an awesome headboard?

2 comments:

  1. Loving the pillows. I am absolutely IN LOVE with your room. It looks like it is coming together nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate any and all readers. I love comments. Please feel free to leave some!