CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Drawer of Happiness


In my kitchen, just to the right of the fridge, is a drawer that taunts me. It's what I call "the junk drawer," and it drives me crazy. Every time I need to get the scissors or whatever else there is that doesn't really have a place, I have to spend 5 minutes digging through this drawer. Well this past weekend, I'd finally had enough.

I randomly saw part of an episode of Rachel Ray some time last week, and she was talking about how to organize a jewelry drawer with boxes. Now, I don't have a jewelry drawer, but I adapted this idea for my junk drawer. I cut open easy mac boxes, girl scout cookie boxes, oatmeal boxes, and other types of boxes so that the entire drawer space was used. Then I put all the pens in a box, scissors and paperclips and chip clips in a box, my husband's "stuff" in a box, etc., etc., etc.

Now when I need thumbtacks or a pen or my scissors, I can open the drawer and just pull whatever it is right out. My junk drawer has transformed into a drawer of happiness. I find this drawer peaceful and full of contentment. It makes me smile.

I wanted to post a picture of my lovely drawer, but I cannot find the battery charger for my camera, and therefore cannot get the pictures off of my camera. And my camera is full, so I cannot even take a picture of my organizational skills. Looks like I'll need to keep on organizing in order to find that charger.

2 comments:

  1. love this idea! My jewelry is all over the place! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about this post. It's a great idea I will definitely start saving my old food, etc boxes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate any and all readers. I love comments. Please feel free to leave some!