CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

One Day I Hope You Have a Kid JUST LIKE YOU

One day I hope you have a kid JUST...LIKE...YOU. Now I don't recall ever actually hearing those words, but I'll bet my bank account (as small as it is) that both of my parents thought this at least once when I was a child. And I know for a fact that my MIL thought those words about my husband, especially since she's told me many stories about his ornery childhood days. Well, I cannot believe I am going to say this about my almost two year old, but ONE DAY I HOPE WC HAS A BOY JUST LIKE HIM!

WC is so special to me, as is AZ and all kids to their parents. But I tell you what -there are days when I'll text JD at work and tell him that his son is going to be put up for adoption by the end of the day. **KIDDING** WC now requires that our kitchen drawers and closet doors become childproofed. He's almost two years old for crying out loud. Shouldn't we be past this stage? Nope. It seems he's only getting harder and harder. Just the other day we had to remove all of the VHS tapes and DVDs from the entertainment center so that he'd leave them alone. Of course I also had to take out the actual shelves, too, because then he played with those. And then I had to remove the pegs the shelves were sitting on because he tried taking those out and ended up putting one in his mouth. So now at least when he opens the bi-fold closet doors he loves oh so much to play with, tapes and DVDs are going to fall out on top of him. Then maybe he'll run away and not pinch his little fingers off in the actual doors.

But then, I look at him and AZ sitting there on their pillows (to keep them from eating the television) watching Veggie Tales, and I think, I hope they have kids just like them. They are the sweetest, most beautiful, warm-hearted, sensitive, loving little kids on the planet with the most explosive, unique personalities any mother could wish for. I love them.

2 comments:

  1. I am a new follower. I found you from Mom Bloggers Club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa - Bloggin2NogginJanuary 11, 2010 at 9:27 AM

    "One day I hope you have a kid JUST LIKE YOU"--what a SWEET sentiment! I'm pretty sure I remember hearing it when I was a teen--and somehow it wasn't so sweet at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate any and all readers. I love comments. Please feel free to leave some!